Monday, March 7, 2016

Iceberg Shifts

We finally finished reading Mr. Poppers Penguins. Mr. Popper brought the penguins back to their natural habitat. I think It was the good thing to do. Because now the Penguins are free. But it can be dangerous for Penguins to be free. A giant iceberg shifted in 2010 and now Penguins have to travel 120 km just to get some food! This crisis turned a penguin colony from 160,000 penguins to 10,000 penguins! The species of penguins who suffered this is the Adelie penguins. I hope the number of penguins goes up soon and they start to be able to get food easier. I also hope that somebody helps the penguins very soon because penguins are one of my favorite animals. There's lots of people who's favorite animal is the penguin too. I think we can save the Adelie Penguins if lots of people help the Adelie penguins get their food and help them through this terrible time.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your thoughts about Mr. Poppers penguins. I like how you used evidence about the dangers of living in the wild, even though the penguins were placed back into their natural habitat.

    ReplyDelete