Thursday, February 4, 2016

Tug-Of-War!


Easy Blog Photo
About a month ago, we started reading a book called Mr. Poppers Penguins! I love the book so far! We are doing a thinking routine called tug-of-war. It is called tug-of-war because you make two sides, saying something like for example:Yes or no. And you can move your name whenever you want to! For us, our sides say captivity and natural habitat. You write your name on a piece of paper and stick it onto a pin. We have a big long rope we can pin our names onto. On the bottom of our name, we wrote a word or a phrase that supports out thinking. I wrote a phrase. I said very icy at home, and by home I mean Mr.Poppers house. I said this because there was pictures in the book of the movie. Because there is also a movie of Mr.Poppers Penguins. And there was a picture of his house and there was ice EVERYWHERE! I have not moved my pin yet. I think that if Mr. Popper keeps his house like that then it is a good place for the penguins. Mr.Popper has 12 penguins in all. The penguins names are: Captain Cook, Greta, Columbas, Victoria, Nelson, Jenny, Magellan, Adelina, Scott, Isabella, Ferdinand and Luisa. I can't wait to read the rest!

1 comment: